Friday, December 13, 2013

I am available and taking new clients!

 Oh, my!  Starting my own business is a necessity, but I'm scared stiff!  I have been proofreading and correcting everything from letters to thesis papers since I was in my 20's - both, in a professional and casual basis.  For me, it's the best of both worlds:  I'm doing to do what I love to do - read - while doing what comes naturally...I am a born critic and teacher.

I have been writing, proofreading, and editing for much of my adult life.  I started writing in my early teens.  I had someone from whom I could ask advice - my grandfather, E.B. Garside.  He wrote several best sellers in the late 50's and early 60's and was the editor of the newspaper in Plymouth, MA, but is best known in academic circles for his translation of many texts from Greek to English .

I had my first newspaper column when I was 17.  It was a critics column that focused on the movies and theatrical productions in my area.  In college, I wrote an advice column (I really inherited it when the person who started it graduated), which I continued until I switched schools.  I have always written, usually for myself, and have always been the person to proofread friends' and coworkers' documents.  I made money in college by typing term papers, essays, and the like - folks, that's back in the days when a computer was the size of a small home...you guessed it....I used my handy electric typewriter!

I began blogging several months ago after someone left a comment on one of my Goodreads reviews asking for the web address of my blog.  I'd never considered keeping a blog, but I now have two.  I love to read and catching mistakes is something I've done since I was very young (my teachers HATED me). I was recently asked by two different authors (after pointing out grammar and spelling errors that were missed) if I was taking any clients and I swear the proverbial light bulb went off over my head! 

I am taking new clients and am available to edit essays, theses, dissertations, manuscripts, plays, etc. 

You may contact me via:

GarsideEdits@gmail.com
 or
http://www.facebook.com/GarsidesFreelanceEditing

Thank you, in advance!

Lori D. Garside
LD Garside's Freelance Editing, Owner
The Chronic Romantic http://www.thechronicromantic.blogspot.com
Garside's Book Bets  http://garsidesbookbets.com




No comments:

Post a Comment